Willkommen - welcome to my little blog. Enjoy all the ideas I brought with me from my trips around the world of crafting.

Montag, 6. Dezember 2010

Adventskranz

It is tradition in Germany to celebrate the four sundays leading to christmas by lighting a candle at the so called "Adventskranz" (advent - wreath). This year I decided to do one without the fresh green branches, even though I miss the christmassy smell of the needles. What I don't miss is the needles in my hair after passing the wreath, since it is hanging from our ceiling in the living room.  This years wreath is needle-free,  glass-free and all the ribbons hanging from it make sure, you see it and don't bump against it (oh yes, my hubby has been very good at that - not pretty when the candles are burning...).
I admit, the colours are a little daring, but I think it gets a little oriental touch using bright red and purple.

It wasn't easy finding the right purple, though.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen